UPI, which stands for Unified Payment Interface, is a step forward in the direction of simplifying online transaction process in India. Sending or receiving money securely and instantly was not as simple as it is today with the introduction of this UPI App. Earlier, making online transaction was a challenging task as one has to remember beneficiary details like account number, IFSC, etc. Now, you can transfer or receive your money using your smartphones with Virtual Payment Address (a unique identifier) without feeding any bank account information. State-run Canara Bank has also launched its UPI App named “eMpower”. This App enables Canara Bank customers to perform pay and collect transactions using a single mobile app. In this article, we will get to know about the details of “eMpower”, a Canara Bank UPI App.
About Canara Bank UPI App (eMpower):
The “eMpower” App of the Canara Bank allows you to transfer or receive money from any bank account using a VPA without entering additional bank details. To remembering beneficiary details such as account number, IFSC, typing one-time password (OTP), etc. have now become things of the past. In order to start using UPI as a payment option, all you need is to create a VPA (an ID which is created by linking your account to a bank’s mobile application).
Eventually, Downloading UPI App of the Canara Bank is very easy. Prior to downloading the UPI App of the Canara Bank, you must have the following:
- Bank Account linked to you Mobile Number.
- An android smartphone with internet services.
- You need to be active on Mobile Banking of Canara Bank.
(Note: In case you are not registered for Mobile Banking, you have to generate UPI PIN through “eMpower” App)
If you fulfil all the above pre-requisite criteria, then you can go for downloading of Canara Bank UPI App.
- 1 How to Download Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower” for Android Phones?
- 2 Download Canara Bank UPI – eMpower for iPhone (IOS) & Windows Phones:
- 3 How to register in the Canara Bank UPI Apk “eMpower”?
- 4 The process to set Payment Address (VPA):
- 5 Features of “eMpower” Dash Board:
- 6 MY BALANCE:
- 7 How to Generate MPIN for Canara Bank UPI App?
- 8 How to Change MPIN:
- 9 MY BANKS Option:
- 10 ADD BANK Option:
- 11 How to Pay Money through Canara Bank UPI App?
- 12 Pay Money via Canara Bank UPI App:
- 13 Scan QR & Pay:
- 14 How to Generate QR code?
- 15 How to Request Money Via Canara Bank UPI App?
- 16 PENDING REQUEST:
- 17 TRANSACTION Option:
- 18 If a customer has any issue with UPI transactions, how can he/she raise a complaint?
- 19 What is PUSH and PULL transactions?
- 20 Customer care number of the Canara Bank UPI App:
How to Download Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower” for Android Phones?
It’s very easy to download “eMpower”, a UPI App of Canara Bank. If you are using the Android-based smartphone, you need to open “Playstore” and type “eMpower”. The UPI App of the Canara Bank will be displayed on your screen and then you have to click on the “Install” tab. Then, downloading of the App will be started. Just wait for few seconds till downloading process gets over. After the download process is over, installation of the App will automatically be run on your device or smartphone.
Click Here to Download Canara Bank UPI App for your Android Phone
Download Canara Bank UPI – eMpower for iPhone (IOS) & Windows Phones:
Those who are using iPhone and Windows phone, have to wait for few more days to download Canara Bank UPI. We constantly following the progress of the app, once the app will ready to download, we will update on our website. You can download by pushing the search button in the play store of your mobile. You can download this app directly from our website also.
Click here to Download Canara Bank UPI – eMpower for iPhone
Click here to Download Canara Bank UPI – eMpower for windows Phone
How to register in the Canara Bank UPI Apk “eMpower”?
- Open the Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower” that you have previously downloaded to your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Register” button. The App will automatically send an SMS from your mobile phone for verification.
- Then, you will be asked to fill your personal details (such as “Name”, “Nickname”, “E-mail address”, and “Virtual Address”). At this same page, you have to create your VPA (yourname@cnrb).
(Note: If your entered VPA is already used, you need to create a different one. VPA is a user defined identifier which holds the account credentials such as Account number and IFSC code.)
- Now click the “Continue” button.
- Then, You have to select two 2 security questions among the ones given in drop-down menu and answer the same (These security questions are used at the time of password reset).
- Tap on continue.
- You are now asked to set login password to access the Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower”.
(Password should be alphanumeric with a “SPECIAL” character. Alphabets must have at least one “UPPERCASE” and one “LOWER CASE” letter. Length of the Login password must be at least 6 characters).
- Once the password is set, click on “CONTINUE” button.
The process to set Payment Address (VPA):
- During the registration process of “eMpower”, you will be placed to create your Payment Address. You can set you Payment Address (or Virtual Payment Address) by entering the desired payment address. Payment address should include a-z, A-Z, 0-9, -(hyphen); for example, azra123@cnrb.
General Features of “eMpower” UPI App Canara Bank:
- You can send money or ask for money using the Canara Bank UPI App, without remembering bank account details.
- Transfer funds to a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) or to an Account Number.
- Add beneficiary instantly by just using Virtual Payment Address (VPA). No need to remember or enter the bank account number and IFSC.
- Check the balance of linked bank accounts.
- Fund transfers are instant, 24*7, 365 days and absolutely free of cost and take place in a completely safe and secure way.
Features of “eMpower” Dash Board:
- Main Menu
- My Balance
- My Banks
- Add Banks
- Pay Money
- Request Money
- Pending Request
- This option enables the user to check balance in their accounts.
- Tap on “My Balance”
- Select the VPA and the Account
- Tap on “Balance Enquiry”.
- Enter the MPIN and tap on “yes”.
- Then, the balance will be displayed.
How to Generate MPIN for Canara Bank UPI App?
- Go to the main “Menu” and tap “My Account”. Then, you have to select “Generate UPI PIN”.
- After that, you will be diverted to another page showing your VPA along with its linked account. Just click the “Next” button.
- Enter the last 6-digit of the Debit Card Number (linked to the account)
- Enter Month and Year of Expiry
- Tap on “YES” button.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile no.
- Enter the OTP received and set MPIN and tap on Submit.
- MPIN will be set successfully. MPIN will be asked for authorising transactions.
How to Change MPIN:
- Go to the main “Menu” and tap “My Account”. Then, you have to select “Change UPI PIN”.
- After that, you will be diverted to another page showing your VPA along with its linked account. Click on the “Change UPI PIN” button.
- You will be asked to enter your existing MPIN and also enter new MPIN.
- Click on the “Submit” button. After that, new MPIN will be set successfully.
MY BANKS Option:
- It enlists the list of Virtual Payment Addresses created by you.
- This option allows you to remove a VPA.
(Note: Note: If a VPA is deleted by a user, the same VPA cannot be created for the next 2 years)
- When you tap the VPA, details of the account linked to the VPA will be displayed.
ADD BANK Option:
- This option enables you to add your bank accounts to the VPA.
- This option allows you to create a new VPA.
- Select the existing VPA created during registration
- Tap on “Link you Bank” to link accounts to the VPA created.
- Then a list of Banks, active on UPI, is displayed.
- Select the Bank you want to link to your VPA.
- You will be displayed a list of accounts linked to your Mobile Number is fetched from the Bank.
- Select the Account.
- Set the Limit of the VPA.
- Set as Primary: YES/NO and Submit.
- VPA is successfully added.
On successfully adding of accounts under a Bank, a message is displayed as under: “Bank Added Successfully”
Payment via Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower”:
How to Pay Money through Canara Bank UPI App?
If you want to transfer money to your friend, family, or others via Canara Bank UPI, you have to access your “eMpower” App using the login password, and then tap on “Pay Money”.
Pay Money via Canara Bank UPI App:
- First, you have to open the “eMpower” App using your login password.
- On the dashboard, you need to tap the “Pay Money”.
- Now, Select the VPA.
- Then, Select the Bank Account to be debited.
- If required, User may check Balance by tapping on this option.
- Furthermore, Tap on “Add Payee+” next to enter the beneficiary details.
- Payment can be made via 5 ways (such as VPA of Beneficiary, Account+IFSC of Beneficiary, Beneficiary Mobile Number + MMID, Aadhaar Number, and Beneficiary List)
- Select the appropriate option and fill in the details. Tap on ‘Apply’.
- After choosing the appropriate payment option and on entering the required details, the user will direct to this page where the payee details are displayed.
- You may add more than one payee
- Now, Type the Purpose.
- Next, Enter Total amount
- After that, Tap on “NEXT” button.
- You will have to confirm the details and tap on “PAY” button.
- MPIN will be asked for authorising the transaction. Enter the MPIN and tap on “YES”
- At the end, the Successful message will be displayed as a pop up on the screen.
Scan QR & Pay:
- It is another option for making payment. You can scan any UPI QR codes using “Scan QR & Pay” option which is available on the “eMpower” dashboard.
- First of all, Provide camera access to “eMpower” App to scan any UPI QR code.
- Now, Scan any UPI QR code at merchant location
- then, Make payments by entering your MPIN.
How to Generate QR code?
- First of all, Login to the “eMpower” App, and then tap on the “Generate my QR” option available on the UPI App dashboard.
- Then you will be asked to enter your “Virtual Payment Address”, “Purpose”, and “Amount”.
- Finally, click the “Generate QR Code” button.
How to Request Money Via Canara Bank UPI App?
In case you need immediate financial help from your near and dear ones, therefore, you can drop a request to them. The UPI system gives you such facility. Once the sender approves your request, your account will instantly be credited with the amount. In order to collect money, you have to follow the following steps:
- First, you have to open the “eMpower” App using your login password.
- then, On the dashboard, you need to tap the “Request Money”.
- Now, Select your VPA.
- Furthermore, Select your Bank.
- Next, Enter the VPA of the remitter or choose from the beneficiary list from the drop down menu
- Type the “Purpose”, enter the “Amount”, set the “Expiry Period” for the collect money request and tap on “NEXT”.
- Finally, Tap on “CONFIRM” once the Collect Money Details have been entered.
- then, Pop up message is displayed on successful completion
- At the end, After this, the person will receive a notification of the Request Money. Once he/she approves your request, your bank account will immediately be credited with the money.
- This option allows the User to view the list of the pending collect requests received.
- Tap on “Pending Request” option from the dashboard.
- Tap on a request to process it.
- After tapping on a received request, the user will view the details of the transaction
- Tap on “APPROVAL” or “REJECT” for the processing the transaction.
- Confirm the transaction details and tap on “Approve” or “Reject”.
- In order to approve a transaction, you need to tap on “Approve” and enter the “MPIN” to authorise the transaction.
- After that, a success message pops up on completing the transaction.
- This option enables to view all types of transaction (Debit, Credit and others) done by the user.
- Tap on ‘Transactions’
- Choose the period for which the transactions shall be displayed.
- Tap on “Submit”.
- The following screen displays with three categories:
- Credit: This tab displays all the credit transactions done during the defined period.
- Debit: This tab displays all the Debit transactions done during the defined period.
- Others: This tab displays all other transactions such as balance enquiry, Virtual Payment address creation etc done during the defined period.
Is there any charge for using “eMpower” UPI App of the Canara Bank?
- There is no transaction charge.
What is the minimum amount that can be transferred through Canara Bank UPI?
- There is no lower limit. You can even transfer one rupee through the UPI App.
What is the maximum amount that can transfer through Canara Bank UPI App “eMpower”?
- Presently, you can transfer the maximum amount of Rs 1,00,000 (one lakh) per day per.
Mobile platforms on which “eMpower” are compatible with:
- Presently, “eMpower” UPI App supports Android mobile phones only. Recommended Android version is 4.4.4 and above.
- “eMpower” will extend for Windows and iOS phones subsequently.
What is the advantage of UPI funds transfer over other fund transfer mechanisms?
- The service rides on IMPS channel which is instant and available 24*7, even on public or bank holidays. Customers can transfer funds in simple steps by providing the VPA of the beneficiary. Also, there is no pre-registration needed for the beneficiary.
Whether Canara UPI App (eMpower) can be downloaded by other Bank customers?
- Customers of any Bank (condition is the bank must be on the IMPS platform and live on UPI platform too) can download and use this “eMpower” UPI App.
Can I have the same virtual address for multiple accounts?
- You may link multiple accounts to the same virtual address. It must be noted here that the amount will get credited to the “primary account linked to that particular virtual address”.
Can I have different virtual addresses for each account?
- You may have different virtual addresses for each account.
If a customer has any issue with UPI transactions, how can he/she raise a complaint?
- A customer can raise a complaint within the mobile application itself. First, you have to open the “eMpower” UPI App using your login password. Go the main “Menu”, then “Profile” and then “log a dispute”. The same will be attended within 3-7 working days.
What is PUSH and PULL transactions?
- PUSH transaction is when you wish to send money to someone, while PULL transaction is when you wish to collect money from someone.
Is the beneficiary also required to register for UPI?
Yes, the beneficiary needs to download a PSP app and register for a VPA. They need to communicate this VPA to you to initiate a transaction.
Customer care number of the Canara Bank UPI App:
- You may call on the Canara Bank Toll-Free number 1800 425 0018