UPI, which stands for Unified Payment Interface, is a step forward in the direction of simplifying online transaction process in India. Sending or receiving money securely and instantly was not as simple as it is today with the introduction of this UPI App. Earlier, making online transaction was considered to be a challenging task as one has to remember beneficiary details like account number, IFSC, etc. Now, you can transfer or receive your money using your smartphones with Virtual Payment Address (a unique identifier) without feeding any bank account information. In this article, we will get to know about the details of state-owned Indian Bank UPI App.
About Indian Bank UPI:
Indian Bank UPI App allows you to transfer or receive money from any bank account using a VPA without entering additional bank details. Remembering beneficiary details such as account number, IFSC, typing one-time password (OTP), etc. have now become things of the past. In order to start using UPI as a payment option, all you need is to create a VPA (an ID which is created by linking your account to a bank’s mobile application).
Downloading UPI App of the Indian Bank is very easy. Prior to downloading the UPI App of the Indian Bank, you must have the following:
- Mobile Number must be registered with your Bank
- Active debit card relating to this account for creating mPIN.
- An android phone with internet services
If you fulfil all the above pre-requisite criteria, then you can go for downloading the UPI App.
- 1 How to Download Indian Bank UPI App?
- 2 Installation & Register Process of Indian Bank UPI App:
- 3 How to set VPA (Payment Address)?
- 4 How to map accounts with Payment Address?
- 5 General Features of Indian Bank UPI App:
- 6 Transaction Features of the Indian Bank UPI App:
- 7 How to Send Money (to VPA)?
- 8 How to Request Money?
- 9 Is the beneficiary also required to register for UPI?
- 10 Is there any charge for using Indian Bank UPI App?
- 11 Transaction limits for the payment via Indian Bank UPI App:
- 12 What is the advantage of UPI funds transfer over other fund transfer mechanisms?
- 13 How to Change four-digit PIN?
- 14 How to Recover my Forgot PIN (Password):
- 15 Can you create multiple Payment Addresses?
- 16 If a customer has any issue with UPI transactions, how can he/she raise a complaint?
- 17 Customer care number of Indian Bank UPI App:
How to Download Indian Bank UPI App?
It’s very easy to download Indian Bank UPI App. If you are using an Android-based smartphone, you need to open “Google Playstore” and type “Indian Bank UPI”. The UPI App of the Indian Bank will be displayed on your screen and then you have to click on the “Install” tab. Then, downloading of the App will be started. Just wait for few seconds till downloading process gets over. You can download your UPI App for Indian Bank directly from here also.
After the download process is over, installation of the App will automatically be run on your device or smartphone. After the installation of the “Indian Bank UPI” App is finished, follow the given below steps.
Installation & Register Process of Indian Bank UPI App:
- First, you have to open “Google Play store”, type UPI App followed by bank name and download’.
- Now, tap “SEND SMS” to verify your mobile number. An SMS will be sent from your mobile phone for verification.
- If your phone has Dual SIM, you need to choose the SIM which is registered with the bank for verification.
- After your mobile number gets verified, the Profile Registration screen is displayed. You just fill in the desired details.
- Now, you have to create a four-digit password in order to log into the Indian Bank UPI App and confirm the same by re-entering it.
How to set VPA (Payment Address)?
- First, you need to log in the “Indian Bank UPI” App. After the login, you can set you Payment Address (or Virtual Payment Address) by entering the desired payment address. Payment address should include a-z, A-Z, 0-9, -(hyphen); for example, Sohan123@indianbank.
How to map accounts with Payment Address?
- After the payment address creation, select the bank from the list. The account details for the selected bank will be shown on the screen. Select the account and click on map option.
General Features of Indian Bank UPI App:
- You can send money or ask for money using the Indian Bank UPI App, without remembering bank account details.
- Transfer funds to a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) or to an Account Number.
- Add beneficiary instantly by just using Virtual Payment Address (VPA). No need to remember or enter the bank account number and IFSC.
- Check the balance of linked bank accounts.
- Fund transfers are instant, 24*7, 365 days and absolutely free of cost and take place in a completely safe and secure way.
Transaction Features of the Indian Bank UPI App:
- Pay request
- Collect request
- Collect request approval
- Debiting / Crediting Payer / Payee accounts
- Virtual address resolution
- Balance Enquiry
Payment via “Indian Bank UPI” App:
How to Send Money (to VPA)?
If you want to transfer money to your friend, you have to access your “Indian Bank UPI” App using the four-digit PIN, and then tap on “Send”.
- First, you have to open the “Indian Bank UPI” App using your four-digit PIN.
- On the dashboard (or Home Page of the App), you need to tap the “Send”.
- Now, you have to select the mode of payment from the drop-down (such as Payment Address, Aadhaar Card, IIN Aadhaar, MMID, and Account). You have to select “Payment Address”. Then click on “Add Payee” and type the VPA of the Payee (the person whom you are sending money to). Alternatively, if you have QR Code of the Payee, you can also transfer money by clicking on “Scan Payee”.
- Finally, click the “Submit” button.
How to Request Money?
In case you need immediate financial help from your near and dear ones, you can drop a request to them. The UPI system gives you such facility. Once the sender approves your request, your account will instantly be credited with the amount. In order to collect money, you have to follow the following steps:
- First, you have to open the “Indian Bank UPI” App using your four-digit PIN.
- On the Home Page of the App, you need to tap the “Request Money” button.
- Now, enter the “VPA of Payer” (the person whom you are requesting to transfer money to your account), “Requesting Amount”, “Minimum Payable Amount”, “Remark”, and “Request Validity”.
- Finally, click the “Request” button.
- After this, the person will receive a notification of the Request Money. Once he/she approves your request, your bank account will immediately be credited with the money.
Is the beneficiary also required to register for UPI?
Yes, the beneficiary needs to download a PSP app and register for a VPA. They need to communicate this VPA to you to initiate a transaction.
Is there any charge for using Indian Bank UPI App?
- There is no transaction charge on Indian Bank UPI App.
Transaction limits for the payment via Indian Bank UPI App:
- Yes, there is a transaction limit for payment. The maximum transaction limit for every fund transfer transaction is Rs one lakh.
What is the advantage of UPI funds transfer over other fund transfer mechanisms?
The service is instant and available 24*7, even on public or bank holidays. Customers can transfer funds in simple steps by providing the VPA of the beneficiary. Also, there is no pre-registration needed for the beneficiary.
How to Change four-digit PIN?
- First, open the “Indian Bank UPI” App. Go to the side drawer and select “Change MPIN”.
- As soon as you click on the “Change MPIN”, It will divert you to next page showing bank details (such as Account Number, Account Type, and IFSC Code).
- You have to select the account to proceed and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your old MPIN and new MPIN (which you want to set).
- And finally, click on the “Submit” button.
How to Download Indian Bank UPI App for iPhone and Windows Phone?
Those who are waiting for IOS and Windows version of UPI App Indian Bank, have to wait few more days. As soon as the app will release by the bank we will update it on our website. Till then you can stay with us. You can download Indian Bank UPI apk directly from our website also.
Click here to Download Indian Bank UPI App for iPhone
Click here to Download Indian Bank UPI App for Windows Phone
How to Recover my Forgot PIN (Password):
The process of recovering a forgot password is same as ‘Change MPIN’. The only thing you have to do is click on Forgot Password in place of Change PIN, the remaining process remains same.
Can you create multiple Payment Addresses?
Yes. You can create multiple Payment Addresses. You need to map to the particular account for that.
If a customer has any issue with UPI transactions, how can he/she raise a complaint?
A customer can raise a complaint within the mobile application itself. First, you have to open the “Indian Bank UPI” App using your four-digit PIN. On the Home Page of the App, you need to go to the side drawer and select “Complaints” option. To lodge a new complaint, select “+ icon” on the screen. Enter your Email ID, Subject and Description. Now click on the “Submit” button. After the submission, the complaint will display in the list.
Will your application password block after wrong attempts?
Yes. After as many as five (5) wrong attempts, the account will block for 24 hours.
Customer care number of Indian Bank UPI App:
You can call Indian Bank toll free numbers–1800 425 00 000 / 1800 425 4422.